Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Abercrombie & Fitch finally in France!



Here it is, Abercrombie & Fitch reinforce its presence in Europe by opening a store in France!!

I hear you all my french friends, screaming Yeaaa finally!!!
I am also glad they are gonna stop asking me to ship them some A&F clothes... I am sure that every European living in the US knows what I am talking about!

The store will take place at the number 23 on the Champs Elysées avenue. I heard that the American brand is going to spend $6.4 million for this new store... The brand had been entered the European market in May 2007 with its flagship in London. Where I used to go shopping A&F while I was living in France...
In 2009, a second flagship opened in Milan, Italy. I am glad the third one will finally be in France!



I believe that the notoriety of Abercrombie is France was made of its "non-accessible" position. Indeed, French people like the brand because they need to make an effort to access it... I am not sure the craze is going to stay, now that they can just go to a store, or on the coming French online store!


I look forward to see what the store is going to look like...
In Milan, A&F has adapted its strong in-store design identity to the Italian culture/history! I personally prefer the orignal/American in store design...




What about Abercrombie at home?
Last month, the brand had to close 2 of its NYC stores... The reason? A bed bug infestation!! One of them is the SoHo Hollister store Where I used to stop buy everyday when I was living in the area

The Associated Press official article
The Wall Street Journal Article


No comments:

Post a Comment